Cardinal O’Hara’s art department we strive to give students the skills they need to thrive! Below are some of the items that your student will learn here in our innovative art department!
- The student recognizes and expresses the Christian and Catholic identity through the creation of the arts.
- The student understands and applies media, techniques, and processes related to Visual Fine Arts
- The student knows how to use the structures (e.g., sensory qualities, organizational principles, expressive features) and functions of art.
- The student knows a range of subject matter, symbols, and potential ideas in the Visual Arts.
- The student understands the Visual Arts in relation to history, cultures, and religions.
- The student understands the characteristics and merits of one’s own artwork and the artwork of others.
- The student understands the use of technology for drawing and painting, digital still and video cameras, electronic portfolios, image manipulation, video editing, 3D animation, Internet, and web page construction.
Students will have a hands-on experience while learning. From bookbinding to sculpture your student will be challenged to create throughout their time at Cardinal O’Hara.