Shadow a Current Student
Come be a LION FOR A DAY!
Important: To schedule a shadow day, an applicant
must first complete the Admissions application.
A shadow day visit can be a valuable tool for a student to see O’Hara in action and help make the final decision about his or her high school choice. Shadow days are typically scheduled based on the O'Hara calendar between October and February. The number of visitors on scheduled days are limited so that all students can receive the personalized attention they deserve.
After completing the application, you are welcome to visit and spend a day with a freshman. Login to your School Admin portal to schedule the shadow day in your checklist. If you have a friend who is part of the class, please let us know and we will attempt to have this student serve as your host. If you have special interests or talents* in extracurricular activities or athletics, we will try to match you with a student of similar interests. *Band class is 8th period - if your student has a particular interest in band please email directly at [email protected] after scheduling their shadow day to make arrangements.
Notes about your visit:
- Please arrive at 8:45 AM at the school’s main entrance and check in at the visitor's desk.
- We will provide you with a lunch voucher to eat in the cafeteria with your host.
- Your day will conclude at 1:00 PM.
- You should wear your current school uniform. If you do not wear a uniform, you may choose to dress in line with our dress code or something similar (Boys: khaki or other color classic men's pants: solid oxford cloth shirt or polo shirt. Girls: dress pants or skirt, blouse, polo shirt or sweater). No jeans or ripped clothing please.
- Families are responsible for their own transportation and students should be picked up at the conclusion of the visit. We cannot make arrangements with school districts for transportation; most districts do not allow this option due to the overcrowding of buses and liability issues.