Shadow a Current Student
Come be a LION FOR A DAY!
Important: To schedule a shadow day, an applicant must first complete the Admissions application.
A shadow day visit can be a valuable tool for a student to see O’Hara in action and usually helps make the final decision about his or her high school choice. As we are preparing for the beginning of the new school year, we will be releasing more information about how shadow days will be taking place this year! Registration for Shadow Day opportunities will be opening shortly! If you are looking to check out the Cardinal O’Hara experience now, and want to meet virtually with one of our admissions representatives click here to schedule a Zoom meeting with admissions!
Instructions for a typical Shadow Day experience
Shadow days are typically scheduled based on the availability of the O'Hara calendar between the middle of October through April. The number of visitors each day is limited so that all students can receive the personalized attention they deserve. We make every effort to accommodate a family’s first or second choice of dates.
After your application is received, you are welcome to visit and spend a day with a freshman. If you have a friend who is part of the class, please let us know and we will attempt to have this student serve as your host. If you have special interests or talents in extracurricular activities or athletics, we will also try to match you with a student of similar interests.
Notes about your visit:
- You should arrive at 8:00 a.m. at the school’s main entrance and check in at the visitor's desk.
- We will provide you with a lunch voucher to eat in the cafeteria with your host.
- Your day will conclude at 2:30 p.m.
- We ask you to dress either in your school uniform or in line with O’Hara’s dress code (Boys: khaki classic men’s pants; blue or white oxford cloth shirt. Girls: navy and red plaid wrap around skirt; oxford cloth shirt in blue or white.).
- Families are responsible for their own transportation and students should be picked up at the conclusion of the visit. We cannot make arrangements with school districts for transportation; most districts do not allow this option due to the overcrowding of buses and liability issues. Please consult your own district transportation director for details.