Shadow a Current Student
Come be a LION FOR A DAY!
Important: To schedule a shadow day, an applicant must first complete the Admissions application.
A shadow day visit can be a valuable tool for a student to see O’Hara in action and usually helps make the final decision about his or her high school choice. Shadow days are typically scheduled based on the O'Hara calendar between October and April! The number of visitors each day is limited so that all students can receive the personalized attention they deserve. We make every effort to accommodate a family’s first or second choice of dates.
After your application is received, you are welcome to visit and spend a day with a freshman. If you have a friend who is part of the class, please let us know and we will attempt to have this student serve as your host. If you have special interests or talents in extracurricular activities or athletics, we will also try to match you with a student of similar interests.
Notes about your visit:
- You should arrive at 8:00 a.m. at the school’s main entrance and check in at the visitor's desk.
- We will provide you with a lunch voucher to eat in the cafeteria with your host.
- All visiting students must wear a mask inside the school building at all times.
- Your day will conclude at 2:25 p.m.
- You should wear your school uniform. If you do not wear a uniform, you may choose to dress in line with with O'Hara's dress code or something similar (Boys: khaki or other color classic men's pans: solid oxford cloth shirt or polo shirt. Girls: dress pants or skirt, blouse, polo shirt or sweater). No jeans or ripped clothing please.
- Families are responsible for their own transportation and students should be picked up at the conclusion of the visit. We cannot make arrangements with school districts for transportation; most districts do not allow this option due to the overcrowding of buses and liability issues. Please consult your own district transportation director for details.