Senior College Application Procedures 2019-2020
Quick Check List
√ Applyon-line to colleges
√ SendSAT/ACT scores to colleges
√ CompleteCounseling Center’s orange transcript request form
Begin Application Process(suggested submission by October-early November)
- On-line Applications: Complete and submit on-line applications through the websites of the individual colleges.
- Common Application: If you are applying using the Common Application (commonapp.org), you must first create an account (note the email address and password used and make sure to “Match” your Common App and Naviance).
- FAFSA: Available October 1, 2019 apply at fafsa.ed.gov
Update Naviance: (http://connection.naviance.com/cohs)
- Under “My Favorites”:click “Colleges I’m Applying To”; Click Plus (+) sign; Search for your college; Select which type of application; Select how you will be applying (Common App or directly to the college); check the box you have submitted your application; Click “Add Application
Send SAT/ACTscoresto college where you have applied through the testing agency.
- SATs: register at. sat.org–8/24/19 (deadline 7/26); 10/5/19(deadline 9/6); 11/2/19(deadline 10/3); 12/7/19(deadline 11/8); 3/14/20(deadline 2/14); 5/2/20(deadline 4/3); 6/6/20(deadline 5/8)
- ACTs:register at act.org–9/14/19 (deadline 8/16); 10/26/19 (deadline 9/27); 12/14/19 (deadline 11/8); 2/8/20 (deadline 1/10); 4/4/20 (deadline 2/28); 6/13/20(deadline 5/8); 7/18/20 (6/19)
Complete Counseling Center’s orange transcript request forms
- Fill out the orange transcript request form (one per college) in the Counseling Center.
- Each transcript request is $5.
- Transcripts, school forms, and recommendations will be electronically sent through Naviance or by mail.
Guidance Counselor Assignments
- Linda Graney, A7, A8 firstname.lastname@example.org 610-544-3800x1853
- Christine Tickman, A4, A5, A6 email@example.com 610-544-3800x1858
- Frank Izzi:, A1, A2, A3 firstname.lastname@example.org) 610-544-3800x1854
Notes: If you are an athlete and planning on playing a Division I or II sport in college, register with the NCAA Eligibility Center: www.eligibilitycenter.org Check qualification requirements (16 core courses, SATs, GPA). After 3 or 4 weeks, go to websites of colleges applied to check status of applications-only completed applications are reviewed for acceptance. Scholarship opportunitiesthat come to the attention of the Counseling Center are listed on Naviance under the College tab.
Senior College App procedures 2019--2020