The mission of the Cardinal O’Hara Community Service Corps (CSC) is to give young people a vehicle by which they can serve their neighborhoods in ways appropriate to age and within the context of the Church. The CSC provides a means of actual involvement for young people, where, as a group, they put their faith into action through service. Members of the CSC will come to understand that through their individual actions they make a positive difference in the lives of others and make the world a better place in which to live.
While the specific objectives of the CSC are as varied as the individual programs it sponsors, the overall goals are primarily:
- To foster self growth and self discovery of teens and show that God loves them and has a plan to work through them to show His love for others
- To provide members with opportunities to help others, especially children, the poor, persons with disabilities, the elderly, and the homeless
- To develop a spirit of Christian community
- To provide multi-cultural opportunities
- To encourage members to accept their responsibilities as leaders and servers in the Church and civic community