Web Page / Show Assignments & Announcements
Teacher: Mr. McGinty
Class: PRE-Calculus and Algebra 1
Mastery of the following: signed numbers, equations, graphing, word problems, factoring, inequalities and rational expressions. Also, increased reasoning skills and increased competency with calculators and computers
Seniors will also do logarithms, trigonometry and functions.
Khan academy has excellent videos of all pre-calculus lessons. It also has SAT review available.
Pen, pencils, notebooks for every quarter, TI 84 calculator (needed everyday), textbook
- do review of previous day’s homework
- collect and check homework
- introduce new topics
- assign homework 5. use calculators-TI 84 in realistic problem solving
- spend 15 to 20 minutes on homework and studying
- keep all tests
- memorize material
- bring proper materials to class each day
Testing and Grading
- 4 or 5 tests each quarter
- review work is given on day before test
1st and 2nd quarters cumulative test will be give in 2nd quarter. End of year test will be in computer for freshmen. Test will be based on common core standards of
. Seniors will have in class exams. Pennsylvania
- grade is the average of all the tests minus points for missing assignments or failure to bring proper materials to class
- student needs to maintain an 80 to stay in the present track
- failure warning will be given to all students who have the possibility of a failure
PSAT –Given to all underclass students in October
SAT—should be taken by seniors in September
Seniors should start preparing to choose a college and begin work on choosing a career
2. sat -online course is good practice for the sat tests
3. I NEED A PENCIL.com good site for practice SAT tests.
4 .General tutoring is available through me, the intermediate unit and student council
5. GRADE CONNECT WILL BE USED FOR GRADES AND ASSIGNMENTS
6. The Khan Academy on-line has excellent lessons on every level of math.